White chocolate “pudding”
This "pudding" has a great creamy texture with a nice tangy note from the yogurt. You may try different seasonal fruit as a compliment. Please note that this recipe is scaled for a restaurant, for home use you may want to use a half recipe. This recipe was developed for Kakao Berlin by John Sundstrom of Lark Restaurant in Seattle, WA.
- 16 oz. (454 gm) Kakao Berlin Bavarian white chocolate drops
- 12 oz. (354 ml) Heavy cream
- 4 oz. (113 gm) Sugar
- 16 oz. (473 ml) Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 Tsp. (7 ml) Vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate over double boiler.
- Combine cream and sugar in sauce pot, heat to 160 F.
- Combine with chocolate off of heat.
- Whisk greek yogurt smooth in separate bowl, slowly whisk into chocolate mixture, add vanilla extract.
- Transfer to storage container, chill thoroughly (4-6 hours).
- Serve with rhubarb compote, fresh berries or ripe, sliced mango.
- Or fold in passion fruit or raspberry puree to give it a twist. This almond croquant recipe makes an excellent crunchy counterpoint.