Malted Milk Chocolate Buttercream
This malted milk flavored milk chocolate buttercream will delight children of all ages.
- 1 pound (about 3 slightly rounded cups milk chocolate coins) Kakao Berlin Bismark Milk Chocolate
- 1¼ cups (2½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup milk
- 6 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the chocolate in a medium-size stainless steel or glass bowl. Put one inch of water in a medium saucepan and heat it just until it begins to simmer. Turn the heat to low. Place the bowl containing the chocolate on top of the pan of water. Stir the chocolate until it is completely melted, remove the bowl from the top of the pan, and then dry the bottom of the bowl. Let the chocolate cool to 90° F or until slightly cool to the touch.
- Place the butter in a large mixing bowl and, using an electric mixer, whip it on high speed until it becomes light and fluffy. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, malted milk powder and vanilla together to combine. Turn the mixer to low and gradually add the milk mixture. Once all of the milk mixture has been added, turn the mixer back up to high to thoroughly combine. Turn the mixer back to low speed and gradually add the melted milk chocolate. Stop and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Turn the mixer on high and whip the buttercream until light and fluffy.
Recipe by Robert Hammond for Kakao Berlin